Thursday, March 10, 2011

superheroes!!!

My friend Veronica (and her son, Ethan) loves to have parties at her house!  She has had a Christmas one where we made ornaments as well as a pajama one where we ate breakfast for lunch.  They are so much fun!  We have them during the week and all of us stay-at-home moms bring our kiddos (and a lot of the working moms try to make it too) and we have a kids & mommies party :)

This last one was a superhero theme.  Since the majority of our children are boys... who are obsessed with superheroes... this was a perfect theme!

We all bring different dishes for lunch.  I made homemade mac n cheese.  The one on the left is the kid one (read: only cheese) and the one on the right is the mommy one (read: mushrooms, green onions, garlic, & bread crumbs).  Yum!
blog4 06

The boys ran around outside (even though it was freezing) for awhile, then came in and danced to "Jesus You're my Superhero" (which was the perfect song for the party theme!).  It was adorable!!!
blog4 04

Then they had a very special guest appearance... DJ LANCE ROCK (from Yo Gabba Gabba)!!!  If you have read my blog for long you may recognize him from the Fall Family Fun Fest at our church.  He is Pastor Kellen, the Jr High pastor at church who also does the Sunday morning kids church and is my pretend "little brother."  In fact, my boys call him Uncle Kellen, but at the party Nolan was calling him "DJ Kellen."  Cute!  Kellen LOVES kids and is SO SO great with them, and of course the kids LOVE him back!
blog4 03

He even ate lunch with us!
blog4 05

After lunch we turned on an episode of Yo Gabba Gabba and the kids, along with DJ Lance, danced along.  What I love about this photo is all the moms texting on the couch! Ha!
blog4 02

Such a happy group... except my children. HA!  Nolan wanted down so he was crying, and Sean was making a "Superhero" face. 
Ethan, Taryn, Gavin (back), Kellen (aka DJ Lance), Hunter (lap), Nolan (front), Isabella, Sean, Caden, Nathan (not all the kids but all the ones we were able to get into a photo)
blog4 01

Nolan would not put on a Superhero costume either.  He could care less.  It's fun to see how Sean & Nolan's personalities are so different.  Sean has loved superheroes for as long as I can remember, wanting to wear Spiderman pj's and Wolverine costumes and Incredible Hulk t-shirts from an age younger than Nolan is now.  Nolan, on the other hand, has never ever cared about superheroes, except for when he may want to occasionally play with an toy of Sean's.  I just love that they are their own little people and have their own personalities.  I know that is common sense and there are no 2 kids alike, but it is so fun for me to watch that unfold as they grow!

One more note: I am so blessed with the friends that I have in my life.  Some have been my friends forever, and some are new, but they are all so special to me.  The older I get the more I understand the importance of great female friends who share the same beliefs & are in the same stage of life that you are in.

1 comment:

Dennis said...

A very big surprise indeed. My children love Yo Gabba Gabba.

Its always a brain crusher to think something new for their parties.

Great post.