Wednesday, November 23, 2011

pax's first 2 days

The first few hours of Pax's life are a blur to me.  I honestly think my body was in a bit of shock because of how fast he came.  I do remember waiting forever for my parents to get there with Sean & Nolan (it especially felt like forever because we were waiting to announce the name until they got there).  Here's Memaw holding Pax for the first time.
092211_03

Uncle Kellen, not only holding Pax for the first time, but holding a newborn for the first time. :)
092211_07

Hanging out with Uncle Timmy (aka Uncle B) watching Little Einsteins on Disney. Nolan looks so serious in every picture! Ha!
092211_10

What did we do before technology??  I can almost guarantee all 3 of them (Dathan, Timmy, & my dad) are posting something on FB haha
092211_16

Finally in our room!  We tried to get rest but instead got lots of visitors, which of course we loved!  Some of the visitors included: Memaw, Papa, Uncle B, Uncle Kellen, Uncle Swanny, DJ, Mercy, Jen, Amanda, Mike, Jessie (who also came & got our keys and then went to our house & cleaned up for us so we could come home to a clean house! She's the BEST!) John, Veronica, Crystal, Kym, Duane, Heather, Lorena.... I'm sure there were more but I can't remember. And I don't have pictures of all of them, I'm more writing this for my own memory ;)
092311_03

For several hours the day after Pax was born we didn't get any visitors.  Dathan, Pax, & I were all able to nap, and then I took advantage of the beautiful natural light coming in the window and took some pictures (sorry, but you can't shut off a photographer's mind, even 24 hours after she's had a baby!)
092311_08

And I set the camera up so Dathan could snap a couple of me & Pax. I just love these pics (and it's rare that I ever love a picture of myself... especially after having a baby! LOL)
092311_11

Getting ready to leave the hospital, only about 36 hours after Pax was born.  He was not happy to be unswaddled & have us change his clothes.  You may recognize his special coming home onesie from this post here ;)
092311_14

Ready to leave!  I know I'm blurry, that's what happens when you have a fancy camera but you are the only one who knows how to use it. LOL.  That's ok.  Here we are about to leave the hospital!  I love it that when the boys came during the sibling visiting hours they always made them name tags that said "Big Brother" on them.  Too sweet!
092311_15
I just cannot believe how much he has changed already!!

No comments: