Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Easter catch-up: the final chapter

I am scheduling this entry to post since we will be busy traveling today!  So sometime tonight we should be in Alabama!!

Like I said in my last post, Dathan was in the Easter musical at church.  It wasn't a typical Easter musical where they relive the Lord's Supper & the crucifixion, but it was the story of Easter retold through the views of Thomas and Matthew.  Dathan played Matthew.  He did so good & I was so proud of him!

3blog 01
One thing Dathan was very excited about was getting to grow his beard out for the musical.  The day that Miss Carolyn (Pastor's wife) asked him to play a role he told me he couldn't shave.  This was a few months ago.  He grows a beard so easily, so it was huge & bushy by the play.  Perfect for his role, not for his wife (who isn't a fan of facial hair LOL).
3blog 02
The pictures below are the soloists as well as Miss Carolyn who directed the play (top left photo).  The cute girl singing in the top right photo is my best friend Lyndsey, and I was so proud of her!  She did an amazing job!  Oh and to top that off she got engaged the weekend before this :) :) :)
3blog 03
The cast at the end...
3blog 04
And the best part of the play ending on Easter:
3blog 05

2 comments:

Krista said...

I love the pics of Dathan's progressive face. :) I think all us wives have our preferences. I hate it when Marc is lazy & "grows out" his beard just because he doesn't feel like shaving. But he loves it...so I deal!

Hope you have fun in AL!

Nancy said...

Precious memories of the most precious story! Great pictures, Erica!