Tuesday, March 29, 2011

10 on tuesday

1.) TWO YEARS AGO TODAY I wrote my very first blog post on here!  WOW!  That is really exciting to me!  This has been such a fun way to record our lives & have a digital scrapbook if you will of all the things we've done.  So much has changed in the last 2 years... here's to many many more (and hopefully more consistent blogging! ha!)

2.) Sean was on a kick where he wanted to spend every waking minute in the back of Daddy's truck whenever it was at the house.  One day Dathan was home for lunch, so Sean suggested we have a picnic in the back of the truck, even though it was pretty chilly.  So we did, and we had such a fun time!!!
blog2 01

3.) Mis-matched PJ's silly face day
blog2 02

4.) Dathan's mom ordered Nolan a birthday present that took forever to get here (not her fault) but when it finally did it was SO much fun!!!!
blog2 03

5.) One Saturday we surprised the boys with a trip to Knotts Berry Farm.  We finally purchased the parking pass to go along with our season passes so it will make it much easier to go (instead of having to pay $12 for parking!).  We didn't tell the boys where we were going, just that it was a "fun family surprise" so it was a blast to see their faces when they realized where we were going.  Cute story: We went out to eat the night before.  When I was getting Sean ready the morning that we were going to Knotts I said something about being ready for our fun family surprise and he said "But I thought we already did?" I asked him what he thought it was and he said "Going out to dinner last night!"  So sweet!
blog2 04

6.) I LOVE my HB (heartbeat) group that I am a part of on Wednesday nights (HB groups are our youth groups versions of "small groups").  We have such an amazing, beautiful, passionate group of girls that I just love getting to know & sharing our hearts with.  I am SO happy to be in a place now where I am able to do ministry that my heart beats for (no pun intended LOL).
blog2 05

7.) Pretty picnic picture party day
blog2 06

8.) We said good-bye to our good friends the night before they left on their new adventure in Oklahoma :(  Goodbye's are not easy and pregnancy hormones do NOT make them any easier.  Ugh.  But really I am glad that they are where God wants them and I can't wait to see all the ways He is going to use them!  OH! And check out their family photo shoot I did for them before they left (if you haven't seen it already).
blog2 07

9.) I found this letter while going through boxes.  It cracked me up!  It has to be circa 1994 and from my best friend Natalie.  She did, indeed, have to move to "stupid Montanna" and it was when I was visiting her the next year that I fell and fractured 2 vertebrate.  We are STILL very close friends, despite the fact that we live so far away.  We always joke that our lives parallel each other.  Well, this year proved that to be even more true.  On a Friday night I found out I was pregnant with baby #3 and had to wait to tell Dathan because he was gone on a missions trip.  That Sunday she found out she was pregnant with baby #3 and had to wait to tell her husband because he was at church leading worship (he is a worship pastor).  So she texts me out of excitement & tells me, so then I in turn tell her, and we were the first to know of each other's pregnancies (even before our husbands! ha!).  Our due dates are just a few days apart!!
blog2 08

10.) Speaking of going through boxes... this has been a slow moving task.  Not only did we move out of our house in Alabama very quickly so I have to go through that stuff, but I have gone through 4-5 boxes that have not been opened since we moved out of our apartment in Modesto... in MAY OF 2006!!  What the heck??  If we haven't used it in the last 5 years chances are we don't need it.  I've lost track of how many boxes of trash we have thrown out & the baby (3rd) room upstairs is slowly filling up with yard sale boxes.  Every night I pop in a movie (mainly chick flicks) and go through boxes after the boys go to bed.  It's actually quite fun and relaxing!

1 comment:

Peyton's Pages said...

How fun to have your baby due at the same time as one of your best friends!

I love your header. All the pictures are so good! I just love, love, love the one of Sean!