Saturday, April 28, 2012

Happy birthday to me!!

So my birthday may or may not have been back in February.
And I may or may not have gotten around to blogging about it right now ;)

This year wasn't a big milestone of a birthday for me- 29! Wow! Sounds so grown up to me, & so weird to think this is my last year of my 20's... gotta live it up, right?

Since my birthday was on a Monday, we met up with my parents on Sunday for my birthday dinner at Red Robin.  RR is in our mall, and the boys were so excited about the fountain out front that we had to take our family picture in front of it (can you tell we never go to the mall? ha!)
020512_2419 copy 
On the morning of my actual birthday, my best friend Erin "surprised" me with a visit (she lives a couple hours away).  I say "surprised" because I totally knew she was coming- she kept texting me "So... what are you doing today?" "What time do you take Sean to school?" etc.  Love her!  We had a great lunch together before she had to head back home so she could make it to class on time.  You know you have an amazing BFF when she drives 2 hours one way just to take you out to lunch!
 020612_2411 copy
 The weekend after my birthday Dathan took me out for a getaway overnighter!  It was a wonderful surprise gift from him & his family!  He lined up the sitters & everything... he didn't tell me what we were doing, just gave me a list of what types of clothes to pack.

We drove to a town about 45 mins away, checked into our hotel, and went in our really awesome room.  We dressed up and Dathan took me to a delicious steak dinner.  We clean up pretty well, don't you think?
021012_2477 copy 
Saturday we slept in, ate breakfast at the hotel, and since check out wasn't until noon we went in the hot tub then took our time getting ready.  It was SO nice!  I even got to curl my hair (which never happens)!!!  I had Dathan take this picture with my phone as proof. Ha!
 After we got ready Dathan surprised me and took me to the Getty Center!  I have never been and had mentioned about a month before that I'd love to go there.  He took mental note and brought me for my birthday. So thoughtful!!

The Getty has the most incredible views of Los Angeles! I am in love with this picture: 
021112_2434 
Love.
021112_2441 copy 
Honestly we spent more time walking around outside and enjoying the views, architecture, and gardens at the Getty then we did looking at the actual art inside.  It was a gorgeous day and we get easily distracted ;)
021112_2451 
Looking to the west was SO bright because the sky was clear and the sun was shining.  It's hard to see because it almost blends into the sky, but we could see all the way to the ocean from the Getty.  In the left of this picture is Los Angeles, and then if you look right about where Dathan's bracelet is on his left hand, that is the ocean.  Amazing!
021112_2468 
It was SO nice to get away, have some important quality time with Dathan and get a FULL NIGHT'S SLEEP! Ahhh!! :)

No comments: