Tuesday, May 31, 2011

ten on tuesday: alabama version

Here are some more of our fun shenanigans we've been up to since we got to Alabama!  Which our trip ends tomorrow & we go home.  We have had such a great time but are ready to get back in the swing of things at our new house & with our friends & our church!

1.) We have enjoyed our fair share of this delicious drink! (pic from my phone)

2.) It is so GREEN here.  A color we don't see a lot in the desert ;) this is also a phone pic

3.) This little dude went through some kind of growth spurt and for about 3 days literally ate all day long!  I was running out of ideas of things to feed him.  Then I finally found something that (is gross to me but) worked for him: Cheerios, Captain Crunch, and some buffalo wing flavored pretzel pieces! Ha!
9blog 01

4.) Dathan had some family visiting from out of town, and they were staying in a hotel.  They invited us to bring the boys and come swimming with them.  We had so much fun!  Our niece was there also and they kids were BUSY.  I need to get my children swimming lessons....
9blog 02

5.) Dathan & I attended a BEAUTIFUL wedding for a couple who is even more beautiful.  Josh & Jessica have been together for 8 years (since they were 13).  In fact, when they were 13 Josh snuck into Jessica's room and wrote in her diary "Josh is going to marry Jessica" and then sure enough 8 years later they did!  How incredible is that?  She was a gorgeous bride & had the perfect day, i am beyond excited for them! :)
9blog 03

6.) We have spent a lot of time visiting friends.  The boys are great entertainment for all of our friends who have children younger than them (which is most of our friends here).  Gracie Mae had a ball playing with the boys!
9blog 04

7.) The boys LOVE to wrestle.  It happens several times a day.  Which is adorable when they have huge smiles on their faces & are laughing.
9blog 05

8.) But that only lasts for a few minutes, and then it always ends up like this (and usually Nolan is the one crying)
9blog 06

9.) I drove past our old house.  It has been painted & I guess it's been so long that Sean didn't recognize it.  It was weird, I do not miss living in that house, even though we have so many memories there.  Then I drove up our old street to the bluff, and got a gorgeous picture of the Shoals.
9blog 07

10.) There were a couple days were I was extremely bored.  In my boredom I found a picture from 2006 on (that's when I got my first digital camera) from the same day (either May 16th or 17th) every year.  I thought it was fun to compare them.  In the first picture I was about 6.5 months pregnant with Sean. In the last picture I'm about 5.5 months pregnant with baby #3!  Incredible to see the change! :)
9blog 08

1 comment:

Peyton's Pages said...

Sweet tea, gag! ha. That definitely is a gorgeous picture of the Shoals!