Saturday, May 21, 2011

back to our favorite spot

When we lived here in Alabama, Deibert Park was one of our favorite places to go.  It's a beautiful park with man-made ponds (lakes? I'm not sure what you would call them) full of geese, fish, & turtles, walking trails, and a really fun playground.  It is a blast!  So of course, much of our visit here had to be spent there.  It was really fun for Nolan because he doesn't remember the park (Sean does & was SO excited to go back).  We got lunch one day & headed into the gazebo on the water to eat & feed the geese & turtles.  Of course I didn't think to bring food so half of my lunch ended up in the water, but that was OK.  All I had to do was look at this little face & hear him squeal with joy every time he threw a french fry, and it made not eating half my lunch totally worth it!
8blog 01
8blog 02

8blog 03
This turtle & goose were going for the same piece of french fry!
8blog 04
Please note what Nolan's shirt says (hand me down from Sean) and how he is covered in marker. Ha!
8blog 05
It was VERY hot this day.  Poor Nolan, you can't help but say the southern phrase "bless his heart" when you look at this photo!
8blog 06
Sean was so sweaty his long hair was sticking on his forehead.
8blog 07
I LOVE watching the boys play together & interact with each other.  It brings so much joy to my heart.  I pray they will be the best of friends growing up, and equally as close with their new brother coming!
8blog 08

Of course when we left we had to stop by Sonic's happy hour for some slushies for the boys and a half sweet tea half unsweet tea for me (sweet tea is just TOO sweet for this California girl!).  The first of many trips to Deibert Park!

No comments: