Thursday, November 17, 2011

baby showers

My son is definitely almost 2 months old and I'm just now blogging about my baby shower.  Such is life ;)

Every month a group of my friends & I get together for Girl's Night Out.  We meet the first Monday of the month and either go out somewhere or go to someone's house (we usually switch off each month).  Whenever it's the month that someone is due with their baby, we always have a "surprise" shower for them.  I say "surprise" because we never tell the momma to be but we always do it so you kind of know it's coming ;)  On Labor Day was our September GNO, and my friends threw me the sweetest shower!  They even invited other women from our church who I am friends with, so that really was a surprise!
090511_02
And my mom was there! You're never too old to want your mom :)
090511_08

The 3 preggies at the shower.  Our babies are all a total of 18 days apart! Pax was born the 22nd of Sept, Eliya, Jen's daughter (in the pink) was born on Oct 10th, and Jaycee, Candice's daughter (in the black) was born on Oct 7th.  Too much fun!
090511_10

My sweet GNO friends who put on the shower for me.  Lorena, me, Jen, Candice, Veronica, & Heather
090511_11

Because it was baby season, there were several important baby showers I got to attend.  One of my best friends growing up, Heather, is pregnant with her first baby (a girl... like all my other friends! ha!)  Her & her husband are youth pastors in PA so we were so excited that she was able to come & visit & we could see her cute little baby belly in person.  
This picture cracks me up.  Kellen stopped by the shower & was making fun of all of us women who were "ooohing" and "ahhing" over the gifts.  He's such a crack up!
091511_03

She was blessed with SO many gifts!  I'm not sure how she get them all back to PA!
091511_07

Isn't she gorgeous?  She is literally due ANY DAY NOW.  So excited!!!
091511_08

Heather & I have been friends for over 25 years.  We went to 3 year old preschool together & are sitting next to each other in our class picture.  We were in each other's weddings.  We have shared so many important milestones in our lives together.  So we were thrilled to finally be pregnant together!  Her shower was actually on my due date.  And the funny thing?  Pax was born on Heather & Jimmy's 5 year anniversary! ;)
091511_09

And another shower.  For another life-long friend.  Candice and I have known each other as long as we can remember.  We would go to the nursery at church together (the same church we go to now... the same nursery that we now take our own kids to.  So weird!).  Her mom & mom-in-law threw her a beautiful shower to celebrate her sweet Jaycee.

Here's another picture that makes me laugh.  Our friend Lyndsey shoved a pillow in her shirt to pretend like she was pregnant too.  I actually believe there were something like 6 pregnant people at the shower.  In fact, when I walked in I heard a lady say "oh my gosh I'm not drinking the water... it's contagious!"
091811_01

Thumbs up because Candice had less than a month til her due date.  Thumbs down because I was 3 days past mine (and had no idea that I had 4 more days I would still have to go).  LOL
091811_02


It really is a joy & so much fun to have friends who are walking through life with me, in the same stages of life as me.  It's even more fun to do it with friends who I have known forever.  Life-long friends are such a special and rare gift, and I am blessed with several of them!

No comments: